20.4.12

London - Department stores I

This series of posts is all about London's department stores. There are quite a few department stores in London, and I like all of them! Each of them has unique features which I will discuss in a few posts. First up is Selfridges. 
source

I'll start with my favorite department store. I like this department store the most because of its location and its all-rounded-ness. You can just find anything you want here. Selfridges has the most amazing beauty department, handbag department and food hall (and this is just on the ground floor). I haven't even mentioned the shoe department!


Selfridges is the second biggest department store in the UK, after Harrods. But I think it's less overwhelming and has a clearer structure than Harrods. I also love the interior of Selfridges, it's very spacious, light and clean. I rarely go to any other floors than the ground floor because it's just so huge!




In the beauty department, you'll find any brand you want: Laura Mercier, Kiehls, Jo Malone, Nars, Bobbi Brown, MAC, Chanel, Illamasqua, Clinique, YSL etc. There are usually special promotions or little campaigns like the one you see above which makes Selfridges a little more unique. 


In the food hall, you will find all kinds of food (duh!), including American sweets, Japanese sushi equipment, 30 different kinds of water and Belgian cookies. The best part is the Pinkberry frozen yogurt stand! The candy department is also huge and I haven't even mentioned all the other floors of Selfridges which contain shoes, clothes, handbags, concession stands (H&M, Topshop, All Saints, American Apparel,..) watches, jewelry, restaurants, candles, luggage, home equipment, just anything your heart desires!



Another thing I love about department stores, Selfridges in particular, are the shop windows. The one you see above was for a Louboutin campaign. But usually they show unknown/upcoming designer's items (for example from the University of the Arts) in the window which I really like because it shows that Selfridges appreciates young talent. 


I could write much more about this amazing department store but I'll leave the discovery up to you. You definitely can't miss Selfridges on your next visit to London!


Closest tube station to Selfridges is Bond Street on the Central Line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment