27.3.12

Paris - Printemps à Paris

Flowers in bloom, birds singing, Ugg's and Monclers moving to the back of the closet, plants out on my terras and windows open to let the fragile morning sunshine in...  Oh yes, it's spring in Paris! (first picture)
Paris in the spring is like a rush of positive energy! Not only are the -relatively grumpy- Parisians in a much better mood but they seem less stressy and rushing too. Among with many tourist, they fill up cosy terraces, enjoy a sunny picknick in the beautiful parks, are part of crowded squares, enjoy sublime fountains or walk the idillic streets of Paris.





Here are some of my favourite things to do on a quiet sunny day in Paris:


* Painting: Windows wide open, summer music on and I install myself infront of my painting eazel to paint. I also like to draw and feel inspired by Paris (picture 2), so I take my scetchbook with me when going for a 'Grenadine-Perrier' on a nearby terras in the sun.


* Parks: With the little time I have inbetween school and work I like to walk arround in the nearby parks, like 'Jardin de Tuilleries' which is right next to the Louvre, quite large and so unbelievably gorgeous! (picture 3) Another nice but smaller park is 'Jardin de Palais royal' where I would go sit next to the fountain and enjoy the sun. (picture 4&5)


 * Markets: There are great markets in Paris where you can buy the season’s freshest fruits and vegetables! Spring brings along 'new' and fresh fruit like bright and juicy strawberries, (picture 6) spring chevre, and catches of particular fish. Great marchés include Rue Cler, Rue Gros, Avenue President Wilson, and Boulevard Raspail. 

* Vélib: Discovering Paris while biking, is one of the best ways to get to know your way better arround Paris, but also to discover new bars, restaurants, and cosy neighbourhoods.


* Le Marais: This is a place in the 4th arrondissement where old and new Paris mix together. The many adorable vintage shops and the old architecture makes me think of old Paris, but then Le Marais mixes in some of the hottest fashion boutiques and trendy streetstyle in the city.





No comments:

Post a Comment