6.4.12

London - Wardour Street food

Before I moved to London, I had never been to Wardour Street, despite my countless visits to London. It's a street which starts at Oxford Street and ends in Chinatown. This long street is located in Soho and you can find all kinds of eateries there. Japanese, American, Italian, British, Thai, French, Mexican.. whatever you like. I will tell you where I've been and what my favorite dishes are.


Salad at Princi


Byron Burger 
Cheap, cosy and above all: great hamburgers and yummy fries (and that's coming from a Belgian). If you're not a burger fan, they also make great salads, milkshakes and vegetarian burgers. Byron is all over London, but my favorite branches are South Kensington, Soho and High Street Kensington. 
My favorite: Cheeseburger with fries





Busaba Eathai
Thai food, lots of choice and good prices; also great for sharing. You will be seated at a table with other people, so if you like that concept (or don't like it), go there (or don't go there) ;). I suggest going there with two or three people. 
My favorite: stir fried black pepper beef and coconut water with fresh raspberry  

Hummingbird Bakery
Best cupcakes in town. Go for a red velvet cupcake or vanilla cupcake. You won't be disappointed! 
My favorite: red velvet cupcake





Princi
An Italian bakery with the most delicious looking bread, pizza, pastries, pies, salads, lasagnas, vegetables.. divine food! I suggest to go after or before lunchtime (early morning/late afternoon) because you will not get a seat (if you're lucky, you will though). The amount of people that go to Princi proves how good it actually is. 
My favorite: spinach and ricotta 'pastries', the salads and pizza 

Wahaca
Mexican food to share! Order lots of small dishes so you can share with everyone at the table. This food is really filling though so don't order too much. 



If you don't like these type of chain restaurants and want to try something new, go in one of Wardour Street's side streets like Noel Street, Gerrard Street and Broadwick Street. 


Closest tube stations are Leicester Square, Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Circus.

1 comment:

  1. You may be interested in the oriental fusion restaurant Inamo which is also in Soho.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENFqP7A_0BI

    Of course, I recommend dining in the outer boroughs.

    ReplyDelete